Hotel and Website Accessibility
At Jared Coffin House, we want every guest to feel at home. We are committed to making our property accessible to all by offering a range of accessibility features, including accessible parking, accommodations, common areas, and public restrooms.
Hotel Accessibility Features
- Fire alarms for audio & visually impaired
- Accessible entrance
- Accessible doorways to all public areas
- No space for accessible pickup and drop off
- Accessible self-parking spots
- No accessible valet parking
- Adequate accessible parking spaces
- 1 Van-accessible space
- 1 Total accessible Space
- Accessible spaces are closest to the accessible entrance
- Non-slip, sturdy public access area ramps: longer than 6 feet, have railings on both sides, and 34 - 38 inches high
Accessible Guest Room Features
- No hearing accessible kit available
- Telephone ring signaler
- No visual alarm clock
- No bed shaker
- Telephone in-line amplifier
- No door knock alert
- Visual strobe fire/smoke detector
- Audible fire/smoke detectors
- Phone does not have TTY or TTD capabilities
- TV has closed-captioning or decoders
- Viewports (peephole) not lowered to 36" from the ground
- Door security not lowered to 36" from the ground
- Thermostat not lowered to 36" from the ground
Jared Coffin House
Browser HelpOptimize the way you view your web browser. If you have difficulty in reading the website on your screen, you may be able to change the settings on your browser to help you improve readability and visibility of each webpage: Learn about the Accessibility features of these major Internet Browsers below:
- Mozilla Firefox : Click Here for Mozilla Firefox Accessibility Features
- Google Chrome : Click Here for Google Accessibility Features
- Internet Explorer : Click Here for Microsoft Internet Explorer Ease of Access Options
- Apple Safari: Click Here for Apple Accessibility Support
Website Accessibility FeaturesThis website is designed to be fully accessible to all and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 and conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
Navigation ShortcutsOur website can be navigated by using the tab key to traverse the elements of each page and by using the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
Structured, Semantic MarkupHTML heading tags are used to convey the document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read out, and the menu items are presented as a group. Please see our Site Map for easy navigation at: https://www.jaredcoffinhouse.com/site-map
Images VisibilityAll content images include descriptive ALT attributes and all purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
Standards ComplianceThe site is designed to conform to Level AA compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
- Section 508, Information and news about the accessibility standards introduced by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Accessibility Software and ServicesThe following tools and services are available for free to assist you with viewing and interacting with our website:
- Click Here for HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.